Today, we’re introducing a new offering for university and college students called Office 365 University. Available in the first quarter of 2013, Office 365 University will be offered online, at retail locations and at Microsoft Stores in 52 markets worldwide.
Starting today, eligible students can buy Office University 2010 or Office University for Mac 2011 and receive a free subscription to Office 365 University when it becomes available.
10 Reasons Higher-Education Students Will Love Office 365 University
- The best of Office: Includes the new Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
- The best price: At US$1.67 per month, it’s a great deal. (Estimated retail price of US$79.99 for a four-year subscription; non-U.S. pricing available.)
- Four years: If school takes more than four years, renew once for a total of eight years of Office 365 University.
- Digital note-taking: Take notes with touch, pen or keyboard in OneNote and keep them handy in the cloud and across multiple devices.
- Save to SkyDrive: Office 365 University saves documents to SkyDrive by default, so content is always available across devices.
- More storage: Additional 20 GB Premium SkyDrive Storage for a total of 27 GB.
- Skype: 60 Skype world minutes per month included.
- New upgrades: Get future upgrades and enhancements.
- Two installations: Install Office 365 University on up to two computers (PC or Mac) for one user.
- Office on Demand: Use it even when you are away from your PC by streaming full-featured Office to an Internet-connected Windows-based PC.